EHDC funding to support recovery of High Streets
SPC would like to hear from our parishioners with any ideas/ suggestions as to how this funding could be used within our parish.
Under the raft of additional funding measures announced by the Government in March to assist Covid recovery, £56m was allocated to the 'Welcome Back Fund' for supporting high streets over 2021/22. East Herts have been allocated £132,000 under the formula.
The type of activities that can be funded include:
· Communications and content promoting events that are designed to encourage people into the high streets and support their local businesses (this could be anything from a large festival through to a small fete)
· Temporary street furniture such as planters that can be used to make public spaces look more attractive
· Temporary furniture such as seating, gazebos, market stalls etc that are going to be used to encourage people to visit
· Improvement to green spaces (this could include additional cleaning/ graffiti removal or other types of maintenance)
· Support to produce a high street recovery plan (this could cover the costs of facilitating partners to agree a vision/ action plan and produce a document)
EHDC are keen that this funding is used to benefit as much of the district as possible and with that in mind wrote to the parish council to see if we have any plans or ideas that could fall under these categories and if you do, we will seek to get the costs covered through the Welcome Back Fund. A few parishes have approached us already asking if costs of planters and some additional seating could be considered and we are intending to include these in our submission to the government.
For anyone interested in the scheme FAQs and guidance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/welcome-back-fund
Posted: Mon, 24 May 2021 11:27 by Pat Foot